Maxtor MaxBlast latest version: 5
Maxtor MaxBlast screenshots
Maxtor MaxBlast: description and functions.
Maxtor MaxBlast makes it easy to work with your new Maxtor disc drives. MaxBlast lets you quickly install your new disc drive, with wizards that guide you through the processes of creating and formatting partitions on your disc drive.
MaxBlast also lets you transfer your data to your new Maxtor disc drive in minutes. The software migrates everything – your operating systems, applications, documents and personal setting – to your new disc drives just as you had them. After you migrate, you can keep using your PC just like before. You can then keep your old drive as a backup or use MaxBlast to store your image backups.
Using powerful imaging technology, MaxBlast lets you create image backups of all the data on your computer, entire discs or individual partitions. The unique technology developed by Acronis and implemented in Maxtor MaxBlast allows you to create exact, sector-by-sector disc backups, including all operating systems, applications and configuration files, software updates, personal settings and all of your data. If failures occur that block access to information or affect system operation, or if you accidentally delete necessary files, you'll be able to use the image backup to easily restore the system and lost data.
You can store backups on almost any PC storage device: local hard drives, network drives or a variety of IDE, SCSI, FireWire (IEEE-1394), USB (1.0, 1.1 and 2.0) and PC Card (formerly called PCMCIA) removable media drives, as well as CD-R/RW, DVD-RW, DVD+R/RW, magneto-optical, Iomega Zip and Jaz drives.
Wizards and a user-friendly, Windows XP-styled interface will make your work more convenient. Just answer a few simple questions and let Maxtor MaxBlast take care of everything else! When a system problem occurs, the software will get you up and running in short order.
New in Maxtor MaxBlast:
- Direct backup to FTP servers
- Explore archives – easily search and recover particular files in archives just as in Windows Explorer
- One-click image backup – launch the image backup wizard by right-clicking on a disc, file or folder icon and selecting Image Backup in the context menu. The program will automatically mark the selected item for image backup
- At least one Seagate Technology or Maxtor disc drive
- Pentium processor or higher
- 128 MB RAM
- FDD or CD-RW drive for bootable media creation
- Mouse (recommended)
- Windows® 2000 Professional SP 4
- Windows® XP SP 2
- Windows® XP Professional x64 Edition
- Windows® Vista
Other languages and platforms Maxtor MaxBlast 5
2Maxtor MaxBlast 5